Welcome to the BEST Conference!
August 18-20, 2022
International Conference on Big data in Economics, Science and Technology (BEST), an international interdisciplinary conference combining aspects of economics, science, and technology to address complex societal issues that we face today on a global scale.
This is the latest conference in the series of past and successful conferences.
- 1st BEST Conference, July 5-7, 2013, Kyoto, Japan
- 2nd BEST Conference, August 22-24, 2014, Wailea, Hawaii, USA
- 3rd BEST Conference, July 20-22, 2015, Ohrid, Republic of North Macedonia
- 4th BEST Conference, July 20-22, 2016, Bali, Indonesia
- 5th BEST Conference, July 19-21, 2017, Phuket, Thailand
- 6th BEST Conference, July 12-14, 2018, Khalkidhiki, Greece
- 7th BEST Conference, July 5-7, 2019, Buenos Aires, Argentine (a StatPhys27 Satellite)
- 8th BEST Conference, July 12-14, 2021, Belgrade, Serbia (Hybrid Conference)
- 9th BEST Conference, August 18-20, 2022, Maui, Hawaii
Stability and sustainability of economic systems is an important issue in the current climate of high uncertainty for the future of global economy. In addition to stable financial systems, economic sustainability also depends on reliable health care systems, secure computer networks, dependable transportation, and solid infrastructure, to name a few. In this environment, science and technology play an important role in modeling and forecasting future economic outcomes.
Statistical physics and network theory offer new analytical approaches to study economic development and interconnectivity of the underlying systems comprising the global economy.
Using complexity science, research efforts have recently been conducted in many aspects of global financial systems, health care, transportation, and infrastructure. Some studies show how economic networks are interconnected, some develop network tools to measure risk propagation through these networks, yet some concentrate on data mining, spreading the wing of researchers who explore, analyze, and investigate wide range of global economic data available today.
This conference intends to cover these aspects, attracting researchers from various scientific fields. Some of the topics covered at the conference are:
- Network Analysis
- Modeling and Simulations of Financial Networks
- Financial Informatics
- Risk evaluation on various networks
- New Internet infrastructure
- Health informatics
- Modeling of failure and recovery in coupled networks
- Business cycles and crisis event analysis
- Future tasks and prospects
Date and Place
- Date: August 18-20, 2022
- Place: The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka’anapali
Address: 2365 Kaanapali Pkwy, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
Student rate 100 EUR/ 110 USD/ 14000 YEN
Academic rate (non-presenter) 200 EUR/ 220 USD/ 28000 YEN
Academic rate 400 EUR/ 450 USD/ 55000 YEN
Corporate rate (non-presenter) 600 EUR/ 650 USD/ 83000 YEN
Corporate rate 800 EUR/ 900 USD/ 110000 YEN
Click here for Abstract submission / Registration form
Abstract submission deadline: July 01, 2022.
Decisions by July 15, 2022.
Completed and closed.
- Please download the latest program from here.
Irena Vodenska (Chair, Boston University, USA)
Hideaki Aoyama (Co-chair, RIKEN iTHEMS, Kyoto University, Japan)
Duk Hee Lee (Co-chair, KAIST, Korea)
Yoshi Fujiwara (Co-chair, University of Hyogo, Japan)
Wataru Souma (Rissho University, Japan)
Lou Chitkushev (Boston University, USA)
Seung Han Hun (School of Business and Technology Management, College of Business, Korea)
Dimitar Trajanov (Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering, Skopje, North Macedonia)
Hiroshi Iyetomi (Rissho University, Japan)
Guanglan Zhang (Boston University, USA)
Ana Todorovska (Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering, Skopje, North Macedonia)