Welcome to the BEST Conference!
July 12-14, 2021
Belgrade, Serbia (Hybrid Conference)
International Conference on Big data in Economics, Science and Technology (BEST), an international interdisciplinary conference combining aspects of economics, science, and technology to address complex societal issues that we face today on a global scale.
This is the latest conference in the series of past and successful conferences.
- 1st BEST Conference, July 5-7, 2013, Kyoto, Japan
- 2nd BEST Conference, August 22-24, 2014, Wailea, Hawaii, USA
- 3rd BEST Conference, July 20-22, 2015, Ohrid, Republic of North Macedonia
- 4th BEST Conference, July 20-22, 2016, Bali, Indonesia
- 5th BEST Conference, July 19-21, 2017, Phuket, Thailand
- 6th BEST Conference, July 12-14, 2018, Khalkidhiki, Greece
- 7th BEST Conference, July 5-7, 2019, Buenos Aires, Argentine (a StatPhys27 Satellite)
- 8th BEST Conference, July 12-14, 2021, Belgrade, Serbia (Hybrid Conference)
- 9th BEST Conference, August 17-19, 2022, Venue will be announced at the 2021 Conference
Stability and sustainability of economic systems is an important issue in the current climate of high uncertainty for the future of global economy. In addition to stable financial systems, economic sustainability also depends on reliable health care systems, secure computer networks, dependable transportation, and solid infrastructure, to name a few. In this environment, science and technology play an important role in modeling and forecasting future economic outcomes.
Statistical physics and network theory offer new analytical approaches to study economic development and interconnectivity of the underlying systems comprising the global economy.
Using complexity science, research efforts have recently been conducted in many aspects of global financial systems, health care, transportation, and infrastructure. Some studies show how economic networks are interconnected, some develop network tools to measure risk propagation through these networks, yet some concentrate on data mining, spreading the wing of researchers who explore, analyze, and investigate wide range of global economic data available today.
This conference intends to cover these aspects, attracting researchers from various scientific fields. Some of the topics covered at the conference are:
- Network Analysis
- Modeling and Simulations of Financial Networks
- Financial Informatics
- Risk evaluation on various networks
- New Internet infrastructure
- Health informatics
- Modeling of failure and recovery in coupled networks
- Business cycles and crisis event analysis
- Future tasks and prospects
Date and Place
July 12-14, 2021, Belgrade, Serbia (Hybrid Conference)
The program is available at this link The B.E.S.T. Conference 2021 – Schedule.
No registration fee is required due to the hybrid nature of the conference.
Click here for Registration form / (Abstract submission form).
Abstract submission deadline: June 20, 2021.
Decisions by June 30, 2021.
For the participants who choose to present remotely, we will provide a Zoom link for the presentations.
For participants who choose to travel to Belgrade, please contact Irena Vodenska at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Irena Vodenska (Chair, Boston University, USA)
Hideaki Aoyama (Co-chair, Kyoto University, Japan)
Duk Hee Lee (Co-chair, KAIST, Korea)
Yoshi Fujiwara (Co-chair, University of Hyogo, Japan)